- There is only one way to know how it feels to be a parent without being one Become an entrepreneur.
- When your child is born, lifemay go haywire for a while, but you enjoy it never the less
- Every smallthing,that first step,the first word is cherished deeply, and fills you up with joy and excitement.
- You want to boast about yourkids and their achievements to everybody in the world.
- A word of appreciation, from anybody, feels priceless.
- Parents want their child toexcel in some field, right from the day he or she’s born.
- A lot of parents always want tosee their children outdo other children
- No matter what the worldsays, every parent believes intheir kid even against all odds
- Every parent nurtures their kid and eagerly awaits the day when the kid will stand on their own feet
- And so goes on the story of the parent and kid, an everlasting tale that may span generations.Often, the parent looks back at the years gone by and feels like telling everybody just one thing, become an entrepreneur, it’s worth it :)
Acquisitions don’t always make one happy! But this case is different and special.
Ever since the social media industry has exploded, the world seems to have gone gaga over facebook, twitter and maybe about how google + may or may not beat them at the social game. LinkedIn, and the even lesser known Slideshare somehow get lost in the game. Now the argument may be that LinkedIn doesn’t have a user base that matches that of facebook, or people haven’t gone crazy for this network, but that actually doesn’t matter. What matters is, that LinkedIn is one of the most important social networks that we have out there, and it is responsible for altering career decisions to candidates getting through better companies to better business networking and deal cracking for entrepreneurs and businessmen.
You can have all the fun you want on facebook, but when it comes down to serious work, you’ve got to actively use LinkedIn! Moving on to slideshare, i remember once making this tiny harmless ppt on ’10 simple lessons from Kolaveri Di’ and uploading it on the network to see if people like it. To my amazement, it started trending on the slideshare platform and till date has got 12,000+ views from across the globe. 130 people liked it on facebook, 54 ending up tweeting about it, add to that 9 favorites on the platform itself. No other platform on the planet gives you the power to reach out to so many people irrespective of the kind of content you create, but with slideshare, if you’re good, word spreads fast.
The reason to be happy today is that when 2 important platforms come together, they are bound to end up helping out lots of professionals out there, making their task of reaching out to relevant audiences easier and better. Cheers to the team at slideshare! For its a well deserved acquisition :) Hope this fuels the hopes of many other Indian startups as well, the hope of doing good work and getting noticed across the globe.